Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rugby VS Football


Ok, I'm back and it feels like I have been gone for too long. Life is Grand, training and as of a two months ago playing lots of Rugby. I went to LA and trained with the Santa Monica Rugby club and soon after received the opportunity to workout for the US Rugby 7's coach in Chicago, Al Caravelli. He told us that this coming 2012 Olympics in London, will be the inductor year for Rugby 7's. The opportunity to represent my family and Nation in the Olypics is something that I wasn't going to let slip through my fingers. I returned to Atlanta and begin training with the Atlnata Old White Rugby club to sharpen my skills. OMG, the conditioning of Rugby is nothing like I have ever experience before; don't get me wrong I have had some tough football workouts, but nothing like this. The good thing is, I work hard and will be in great shape. I'm new to the sport, so I'll be taking it all in and having a bunch of fun doing it.

Tuesday July 12th after my brothers wedding (25 year wedding anniversery); I'll be traveling back to Chicago to train with the Chicago Lions, under the leadership of Coach Aaron Manheimer. From my research I feel like I'll have the best opportunity to hone on the skills that I have and transfer them over to Rugby.

STAY TUNED BECAUSE I'LL BE POSTING FREQUENTLY ON HOW MY TRAINING IS PROGRESSING IN CHICAGO

PEPPNATION

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY WORLD, MY LIFE #PEPPNATION

My photo
I work hard, never give up and do what I have to do so I can do what I want to do.

CULPEPPER ON THE AIRWAVES

On Wednesday, I hit the recording studio for my 1st radio interview on the international radio program, Eat Soccer! Check me out