Monday, July 18, 2011

First Rugby Tournament

What can I say besides I had a blast. This was my first official Rugby 7's tournament, The Grand Rapids Rock Hard. My 1st match I must say I was a lil nervous, didn't start but when I got in I made the best out of the opportunity. My first time carrying the ball was as I imagined it would be, run over as many guys as I could and get to the Tri Zone. Didn't score on first carry but on second I made it happen. Chasing my teammate after he picked up loose ball and being there for support, he dumped ball off to me and I scored (being in the right place at the right time). I got hit pretty hard once I put ball down, but that hit just jump started me for the remainder of the tournament. I went on to score 2 more Tries before the day was over and helped my team take home the first place trophy.

The Chicago Lions B side team led by Dom Mauer and Dan Wright faught for everything they got out there and I am thankful to be apart of the show. The A side although they lost their first match, took second place in the tournament. They will be attending the Midwest qualifiers this weekend to determine who will be representing the Midwest for National playoffs. I learn so much this weekend about Rugby and now I know why this sport is loved by many across the world.

Can't wait to play again: PeppNation

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY WORLD, MY LIFE #PEPPNATION

My photo
I work hard, never give up and do what I have to do so I can do what I want to do.

CULPEPPER ON THE AIRWAVES

On Wednesday, I hit the recording studio for my 1st radio interview on the international radio program, Eat Soccer! Check me out