Tuesday, November 17, 2009

BOSTON




Great trip, great experience great responds. My trip to Boston was awesome, from the time I landed to the time I boarded the plane to depart. The Patriot's facility is really serious, surrounded by a mall like atmosphere, a movie theater, hotel and 7-10 restaurants; a one stop shop for sports fans nation wide. My driver told me I would like it but that was an understatements; Kraft the owner of the Patriots is a genius. Security for the Pats is top of the line also, when I entered the Gillette Stadium to meet with Brian Smith player personnel, my picture was taken, ID copied and picture name tag given to me; my first thought was this is pretty sweet as the Secretary told me to take a seat in the decked out Patriots' waiting area. Pictures and Jerseys of Hall A Fame players, Super Bowl rings on display as well as replay game film on two large plasma screens. While I set waiting on Brian, I began to pray, thanking the Lord for the opportunity and asking that all ears be open to my words and thought. Brian seem to be in a bit of a hurry when he arrived and only met with me for about 7 or 10 min. He thanked me for my package and thanked me for coming to Boston, but I was satisfied. I decided to sit in the waiting area and just absorb the moment. 10min following, Mandy the coach and player personnel secretary comes out and says, "Culpepper is everything ok, did you need something else", while shes speaking I'm thinking to myself, now how can I get on this team" and all of a sudden I said it, "what do I have to do to get signed Mandy." She smiled and said that she doesn't have the authority to make those decision. She again thanked me for coming and told me I would hear from someone soon,

I left and walked around the stadium and the grounds for a min, spoke with my agent and told her who she need to contact and she immediately got on it. Like I said the facilities there are beautiful, so as you could imagine I enjoyed myself. When I arrived to my Hotel in down town Boston my agent called me back with great news, she said they like me lots, great first impression. She told me that Brian Smith wants to schedule another date for me to come up; making me feel much better about my experience there. Well to make a long story short, I went to a couple restaurants including Anthony's Sea Food Pier 4. The food was ok, but not worth the price in my opinion, I'm no food critic or anything but I do enjoy quality food.

Drove around Boston, went to Harvard, MIT, Boston University and BC. Boston has lots of schools and tons of students, people and cars. It seems a little congested but with all the history, great teams, restaurant and forward in your face people it seems like a cool place to live.

Welcome to Boston,

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY WORLD, MY LIFE #PEPPNATION

My photo
I work hard, never give up and do what I have to do so I can do what I want to do.

CULPEPPER ON THE AIRWAVES

On Wednesday, I hit the recording studio for my 1st radio interview on the international radio program, Eat Soccer! Check me out